Diesel enginethe name of the German engineer, Rudolf Diesel, who developed it between 1893 and 1897. It works on the principle of internal thanks to vegetable oil and not diesel. The Diesel engine is characterized by an auto-ignition mechanism which dispenses with the need for specially dedicated spark plugs. It works in two or four times.
Higher efficiency than in gasoline engine and robust engine
Its compression ratio is greater than in a gasoline engine and its consumption insignificantly lower:
- spraying diesel fuel into the is better controlled;
- the of the valves is more precise;
- the Diesel vehicle is more economical in .
The longevity of a diesel engine is twice that of a gasoline engine because theof the rooms is significantly larger.
Easier lubrication and multiple uses
Diesel fuels are light oils thatsupports better than gasoline. They are used for different purposes:
- lubricating the injector;
- cooling the injector;
- injection for combustion.
The Diesel engine is used for machines that consume a lot ofand whose use is sustainable: locomotives, ships, tractors, generators, etc.
How does a diesel engine work?
Diesel engine mainly works: the inlet valve opens and sucks in the compressed, then comes the engine time. Finally, the engine escapes. The movements are very safe.
- The piston sucks in the fresh air which is compressed
The intake valve opens to let air in as the piston moves down to its bottom dead center to let air in. Overfeeding byspeeds up the process. Raising the piston strongly compresses the air which cannot escape when the intake valve is closed. The cylinder head has thus become watertight. The air temperature rises considerably.
- Engine time and the burnt gas leak
The injection pump propels the fuel which ignites on contact with compressed air. This is the engine time. Temperature andrise while the begins to spin. It is self-igniting due to the specifics of diesel fuel mixed with air. It is the particularity of Diesel. It would cause serious damage in a gasoline engine where it is preferred to use a controlled spark. Under the pressure of the piston the exhaust valve opens and the burnt gases are evacuated.
How to clean a Diesel engine?
It is important to take safety precautions before cleaning the engine.
Precautions to be taken:
- put on gloves and goggles before cleaning the engine;
- do not forget to keep the washing water which will be tainted with ;
- use a large bin or a used carpet covered with sawdust that you will place under the vehicle;
- protect the bodywork and sensitive engine parts with a film .
Spend adegreaser on the engine:
- spray the engine with a specially dedicated product that you can dilute by strictly following the instructions for use;
- leave on for five to ten minutes before using on medium or low pressure to avoid damaging anything.
- don’t forget to clean the work area.